In these Terms the expressions us, we, our and Chem-Dry are a reference to Chem-Dry (New Zealand) Limited and reference to you is the Customer.
How does Chem-Dry use my information?
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To administer and fulfil our promotions.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To help us address problems with and improve our website design, products and services.
- To enhance your shopping experience.
- To customise our advertising and content to you, so as to streamline your online experience at our site and to provide personalised marketing and promotional information.
- To analyse trends and statistics, conduct analysis and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- To process and fulfil any orders placed, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
- To contact you if requested or necessary.
- Joint marketing schemes with other parties.
- Marketing and promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected companies.
We do not collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email or telephone number, without your knowledge and permission. When you visit our website we may collect more information, such as the address of your internet service provider, the name of the web page directing you, and your clicks and activity on our site.
By subscribing to Chem-Dry emails you can expect to receive an automated email confirming your details have been successfully added to the list. Email communications will be sent to you using the contact details provided, and will contain information on products, promotions and other marketing communications. You can expect to receive emails on average once per week depending on the time of year. If you wish to opt out of promotional Chem-Dry emails, you can also do so by clicking unsubscribe in the body of the email. Chem-Dry fully complies with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorise any third party to use your email address without your permission. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact our web administration at email@example.com. If contacting our web administration at firstname.lastname@example.org, please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honour your request. It may take up to 10 working days to process your email request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Chem-Dry. If you have unsubscribed from Chem-Dry emails and change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by revisiting our site and re-signing up, or when you contact our web administration at email@example.com. If you make an online purchase or complete a contact form request with us, we will continue to confirm your order/contact status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Information gathered from Competitions or Promotions
When we offer competitions and promotions, or join with other companies to do so, customers who choose to participate in those competitions and promotions may be asked to provide personal information to be eligible to participate. That information may then be used by us and by any company offering the competition or promotion to notify winners or to fulfil promotional obligations. If, prior to participating in a contest or promotion, you opted not to receive information about or mailings from us, you may still receive information from or about Chem-Dry in connection with the competition or promotion if you choose to register for or participate in it. You may opt not to participate in these competitions or promotions if you do not want to receive information about Chem-Dry or share your information with Chem-Dry and the other companies sponsoring those contests or promotions.
Disclosure of Information to Other Parties
All personal data held by Chem-Dry will be kept confidential and protected but Chem-Dry may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- All Chem-Dry locations are individually owned and operated. When requesting a booking, asking a question, placing an order, or other such actions where a Chem-Dry location is required to perform services on the businesses behalf, the location in the customers catchment area is provided the customer information. This information is held in computer files which have restricted access and are password protected, and only allowing access to staff as necessary to meet the above stated purposes. The Chem-Dry location may wish to add you to their local email database and will need to seek your approval for this.
- Our service providers, who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers etc. We do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Subsidiaries, associated companies or other related companies.
- Our vendors and business partners.
- Parties which assist us in carrying out the purposes laid out above in this Privacy Statement.
- Parties which participate in joint marketing scheme with us.
- Any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business.
- Any other person or organisation who are bound by confidentiality agreements with us.
- Any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law.
- When we join with other companies to offer or provide products, services, competitions or promotions, Chem-Dry and the other company may use that your information to identify future promotional opportunities and to fulfil promotional or contractual obligations.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- To conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law.
- To protect our rights or property or those of our related companies.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To act in the interest of our, or our related companies, customers or others.
You should also note that the privacy protection as set out in this Privacy Statement does not apply to personal data which is passed to third parties, and we are not responsible for the protection of your personal data or lack thereof by such third parties.
How do we protect your information?
As required by the Privacy Act 1993, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. Chem-Dry limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. From time to time we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and emails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data and providing marketing assistance. Such companies and individuals may have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information and material, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information or material which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information or material which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information and material.
When you enter your personal information on our Website we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. Where an online retailer uses SSL technology, at the checkout the online retailer serves and your PC encrypts everything that you enter into your computer, such as credit card details, billing and delivery address. When it is encrypted, generally other computers are unable to make sense of it, therefore keeping the information private while it is being transmitted. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), then the SSL is active. To double check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https". If information is transmitted across the Chem-Dry website, it is done so over a secured TLS connection. No credit card data is stored, only a billing reference that links the transaction to the payment facility 'Windcave'. Credit card processing is done using PX Fusion within the Windcave servers and bypasses our website infrastructure at all times. No customer data is sent to Windcave.
Chem-Dry give no warranty against third parties hacking into the data or any unauthorised access to the data by anyone.
Our website uses ‘cookies,’ which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. These enable you to visit our website and have an optimised or personalised experience. For example, cookies help to remember what is on your ‘Wishlist’, store your preferences, recognise you when you return to our website and monitor and maintain information about your use of our website. We also use first- and third-party cookies together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your visits to our website.
How do I access or change my Information?
You may ask us to update your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 working days to process.
Please note that the Chem-Dry website contains links to other sites and occasionally allows other sites to be co-branded with the Chem-Dry website. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our website to another website or when you use a co-branded site, our Privacy Statement is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to the Chem-Dry website, is subject to that website's own rules and policies which may differ from that of the Chem-Drys website. We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.