Here at Chem-Dry, we love our pets. They brighten up our day and they’re always there to support us through thick and thin. But, as we all know, sometimes they can make quite a mess.
Our trained Chem-Dry carpet and upholstery cleaning specialists know all the tricks of the trade when it comes to finding and eliminating tough-to-treat pet urine odours. We will locate the problem area(s), examine the extent of the damage and apply our revolutionary Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.) to rid your home of any nasty urine odors.
Something smells, but where is it coming from?!?
Not only is it difficult to deal with a pet accident once one has occurred, but it’s also tough to know where past accidents may have taken place.
Chem-Dry can identify pet accidents in your home and eliminate pet urine odors from your carpets and rugs by applying our revolutionary cleaning product P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment). P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odor and then immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor. This treatment provides consistently excellent results on even the most severe urine damage, leaving a lasting, fresh-smelling clean and extending the life and health of your carpets, rugs and furniture.
Eliminate Pet Urine Odors Forever
If not treated properly, the odor from pet accidents can travel through the entire home and impact your health and your happiness. Your pet may also frequent the same spot until it is properly eliminated. This can lead to a very smelly and embarrassing situation.
On top of the unsightly carpet stain and foul stench, the urine penetrates through the carpet and onto the floor underneath. As the highly acidic moisture goes untreated, the more likely the urine odor is to permeate deeper and deeper into floors, walls and even the framework and foundation of the home. As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent.
How P.U.R.T. Works
Locating the Problem Area
- A trained professional (a.k.a. Pet Odor Detective), will find the source of the odor using a black light or penetrating moisture meter to determine the best plan of attack.
- In worst case scenarios we may need to pull up a section of the carpet for further inspection. It may also be necessary to replace a section of the ‘underlay’ carpet padding.
- Also, depending on the extent of the damage, your technician may also elect to apply an odor blocking resin to the sub-floor. We will let you know every step of the way.
Executing the Clean-Up
- After all prep work is complete, the area is rinsed with our classic deep cleaning carbonating cleaning solution. Any liquid or loose urine crystals are then extracted using hot water.
- Next, we apply a generous amount of our proprietary cleaning product, P.U.R.T., to the carpet tack strip, sub-floor, baseboards and the carpet backing.
- Over the next 24–36 hours, P.U.R.T. will go to work breaking down all the odor causing elements, leaving no odor remnants behind for a fresh smelling, healthy clean. The odors will be gone for good. Smiles return to the family.
To help rid your home of the smells caused by pet urine, Chem-Dry applies P.U.R.T. – specially designed to contain and eliminate pet urine odors. While most cleanings only masks the odor, P.U.R.T. goes to the molecular level and destroys the urine crystals on contact to eliminate the odor.
Our other healthy home cleaning products are completely safe and non-toxic for children and pets. Our goal is a healthier, longer lasting clean for a happier home.
So, what makes our cleaning service so great? The Chem-Dry Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) solution is composed of billions of carbonating bubbles that delve deep within the fibres of the surface we are cleaning. The particles trapped in the fibres are unlocked and lifted to the surface for easy removal. This requires the perfect amount of heat, water, and agitation for the most superior cleaning services.
Get an Estimate